Goodwood Audio The TX Underfacer
or make 4 interest-free payments of $94.75 fortnightly with More info
The Underfacer is like The Interfacer but designed to go under an angled pedal board. Use The Underfacer to take care of all your input, muting, tuning, summing, isolating and phase correcting needs without using any pedal board real-estate.
The TX Underfacer (gold print) has same features and are made with the same component as the standard Underfacer (white print) except that The TX Underfacer adds an audio transformer to give the option of ground lift and phase correction (read more below).
Hit the mute pushbutton on The Underfacer to mute your signal before it reaches your amps. No matter what craziness is happening on your board, the master mute has the final say on what does or doesn’t get sent to your amp.
You can also control the master mute with RMT remotely on top of your pedal board.
The Underfacer has two types of summing: Stereo Sum and Split Sum. To access these two modes, use the internal DIP switch to select which mode is best for you.
- Stereo Sum – This is the default mode The Underfacer ships with. In this mode use stereo effects as normal. When summed, the left and right inputs are merged and the exact same signal is sent to the left and right outputs.
- Split sum – Still use stereo effects as normal. When summed, the right input is ignored and the left input is split to both left and right outputs.
RMT can be used with The Underfacer to access the summing mode and master mute.
- Summing – Hold the foot switch on RMT for more than 2 seconds to switch the sum state to stereo or dual mono. The LED on RMT will blink once the change has been made.
- Master Mute – To mute or un-mute your signal on The Underfacer using RMT, tap the foot switch. Yup. Easy.
Ground Lift & Phase Correction
The TX Underfacer comes with ground lift and phase correction for players that want to run more than one amp.
- Ground Lift – There are times when two amps are being used that an audible hum/buzz can be heard coming out of your amps. When plugged into one amp only, the hum/buzz is not present. This is commonly referred to as a ground loop. This happens when there is more than one path to earth. To safely fix this common problem, a transformer is needed to isolate your second amp and create one path to ground. Push the red ground lift button to isolate your right amp from your left.
- Phase Correction – Another common issue when running two amps is phase cancellation. Some amps are in phase in relation to each other and other amps are not. When amps are out of phase with each other they are cancelling each other out. This is most noticeable in the lower frequencies. Normally this would mean you can’t use those amps together. With the black phase correction button you can now put two amps that were out of phase, back in phase and working together. To access this, turn on the transformer (red button) and flip the phase (black button).
The Underfacer comes with a buffered input. This means before your guitar sees the first pedal on your board you are sending a high impedance signal to your pedals, preserving your tone. The Underfacer also comes with an always on tuner out.
IMPORTANT – Use only 9vDC centre negative plug to power! Current draw – 100mA
Dimensions including all jacks and push buttons are: 100mm long x 118mm wide x 34mm high.
All New products are covered by the manufacturers new warranty. Please check their website for the length of warranty and warranty conditions.
If an item you receive is faulty get in touch with us ASAP.
Second Hand products come with a 4 week warranty from us. If there is an issue let us know ASAP!
This covers normal use and does not cover accidental damage, misuse, wrong power plugged into it, modding, water damage or any other damage caused by mistreatment.
Just treat it nice and all will be good!
We send A LOT of packages every week so don't worry about the shipping side of things!
We've never lost a thing and your awesome new gear will be packed up really well to avoid any damage in transit.
If your order comes in before 2pm we will ship it same day. Most of the time we pack things up all the way to 4pm so just call if you need it to leave same day after 2pm.
We ship mainly with Australia Post but may use a courier depending on location and size of the package.
Free Post ships with Australia Post standard and expected shipping times are between 4-6 business days depending on location. It will be longer to outside of metro and rural areas.
Express Post will usually be with you next business day in metro areas of QLD, NSW, SA, VIC and TAS. WA will take 2 days to metro and extra days after that to out side metro and rural areas.
Everything we ship has a tracking number with the exception of some power cables and smaller envelope packages. You will be emailed tracking once your order has been shipped!
"LOVE IT Or Exchange It Within 14 Days"!
The item MUST BE sent back in the same condition it arrived in and have all the materials it arrived with (manual,warranty card,all accessories) and be packaged in the original box.
Items returned in undesired condition (scratched,chipped, etc) will be subject to a restocking charge of up to 30%. Modded items will not be refunded!
Postage must be paid by the purchaser to get the item returned to us and we will exchange at our discretion the amount of the products but not the postage costs.
Items must arrive here within 14 days of your order being placed.
Some items cannot be returned like Pedalboards you have already put velcro on, strings, pedalboard tape, Cables and DIY cable kits.
Please don't use the Manufacturers box as the packing box or you will automatically be charged a 30% restocking fee!
Email us BEFORE returning your items so we can resolve or sort out any problems you may have and just so we know to expect the item. You may also want to insure or register your item as we don't take responsibility for lost or damaged post.