SOLODALLAS THE SCHAFFER REPLICA® - EX TOWER
The EX Tower by Solodallas is an exact reproduction of a recently discovered interactive combination of studio grade compression, expansion, optical limiting, boost and EQ effects. This delicately balanced circuit may very well be the missing link between many legendary guitarists known for their unmistakable tone and sustain.
This all-analog unit is a reproduction of the tone enhancing circuitry contained within the most widely used wireless system throughout the 1970's to mid 1980's, the Schaffer Vega Diversity System (SVDS). Emphatic users of the SVDS included Angus Young, David Gilmour, Eddie Van Halen, Carlos Santana, Peter Frampton, Peter Green, Joe Walsh, Don Felder, Elliot Randall, Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir... and an endless list of legends who are responsible for some of the best guitar parts ever recorded.
This rediscovered vintage effect is also becoming a favorite among current players who are using it to enhance their own signature tone.
Keith Urban, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Chris Stein, Doug Aldrich, Richard Fortus (GnR), Scott Metzger, Isaiah Sharkey, Joe Bonamassa, Coco Montoya, Steve Stevens, Gilby Clarke, Lenny Kaye, Elliot Randall, Boris Grebenshikov, Billie Joe Armstrong and Angus Young. Iconic bassists include Pino Palladino, Sting, and Rudy Sarzo. Keyboard master Derek Sherinian also swears by it on organs and synths.
FEATURES (Front Panel)
- INPUT knob controls our signature gain circuit that bumps the crucial low-mid frequencies responsible for giving live instruments punch and making them stand out in the mix (think Angus Young guitar tone). It simultaneously controls Ken Schaffer's signature compander circuit which levels the output of each individual frequency then feeds them into a studio grade expander to restore amplitude and remove unwanted compression artifacts. Companding also tames transients while accentuating harmonics to produce the sonic richness associated with “The Schaffer Sound”.
- OUTPUT knob controls a powerful op-amp capable of delivering a whopping 30db of clean boost. This analog boost is perfect for making lead parts stand out, adding fullness to the signal going into the front end of a clean amplifier or pushing it into oblivion!
- POWER rotary switch located on front panel for easy access.
- POWER ON LEDs light up red when power is turned on
- STATUS LED lights up green when effect is engaged (default mode)
- AUDIO IN 1/4" jack located on front panel for easy access.
- AUDIO LEVEL VU meter displays realtime output signal strength
FEATURES (Rear Panel)
- FOOTSWITCH 1/4" jack for effect bypass (effect ON when unplugged)
- AUDIO OUT 1/4" jack to amplifier
- BALANCED OUT XLR output
- MODE switch to engage/disengage BOOST function
- BYPASS SWITCH to engage/disengage OPTICAL LIMITER
OPTICAL LIMITER knob controls Ken Schaffer’s signature Opto-Isolator limiter. This circuit transparently raises the overall output while protecting the signal from clipping or distorting unnaturally. This ‘brick wall’ optical limiter initially smooths out excessive attack then makes notes and chords naturally bloom back open to retain amplitude. This studio effect allows for perfect string separation and produces “sustain for days” at even the cleanest amp settings.
- 100% Analog Circuitry
- High quality components
- Illuminated VU Meter
- Input: 1/4" Jack
- Output: 1/4" Jack + Transformer Isolated Balanced XLR
- True-Bypass when OFF or by footswitch (latching A/B type 1/4" jack, not included)
- Power Requirements: 15-18VDC Center Positive, 250mA. *PSU suited for your country included with purchase
- Extruded Aluminum Enclosure (exact replica of the original 63EX 'tower' receiver)
- Enclosure Dimensions: 8.25" D x 3.6" W x 7" H
- Bulletproof Construction for professional stage and studio use
- Made in USA
All New products are covered by the manufacturers new warranty. Please check their website for the length of warranty and warranty conditions.
If an item you receive is faulty get in touch with us ASAP.
Second Hand products come with a 4 week warranty from us. If there is an issue let us know ASAP!
This covers normal use and does not cover accidental damage, misuse, wrong power plugged into it, modding, water damage or any other damage caused by mistreatment.
Just treat it nice and all will be good!
We send A LOT of packages every week so don't worry about the shipping side of things!
We've never lost a thing and your awesome new gear will be packed up really well to avoid any damage in transit.
If your order comes in before 2pm we will ship it same day. Most of the time we pack things up all the way to 4pm so just call if you need it to leave same day after 2pm.
We ship mainly with Australia Post but may use a courier depending on location and size of the package.
Free Post ships with Australia Post standard and expected shipping times are between 4-6 business days depending on location. It will be longer to outside of metro and rural areas.
Express Post will usually be with you next business day in metro areas of QLD, NSW, SA, VIC and TAS. WA will take 2 days to metro and extra days after that to out side metro and rural areas.
Everything we ship has a tracking number with the exception of some power cables and smaller envelope packages. You will be emailed tracking once your order has been shipped!
"LOVE IT Or Exchange It Within 14 Days"!
The item MUST BE sent back in the same condition it arrived in and have all the materials it arrived with (manual,warranty card,all accessories) and be packaged in the original box.
Items returned in undesired condition (scratched,chipped, etc) will be subject to a restocking charge of up to 30%. Modded items will not be refunded!
Postage must be paid by the purchaser to get the item returned to us and we will exchange at our discretion the amount of the products but not the postage costs.
Items must arrive here within 14 days of your order being placed.
Some items cannot be returned like Pedalboards you have already put velcro on, strings, pedalboard tape, Cables and DIY cable kits.
Please don't use the Manufacturers box as the packing box or you will automatically be charged a 30% restocking fee!
Email us BEFORE returning your items so we can resolve or sort out any problems you may have and just so we know to expect the item. You may also want to insure or register your item as we don't take responsibility for lost or damaged post.