Disaster Area DPC-8EZ - 8 Loop Controller
or make 4 interest-free payments of $137.25 fortnightly with More info
Disaster 8-Loop Pedal Controller
The DPC-8EZ is a compact pedalboard control system with eight effects loops and MIDI. The DPC-8EZ is similar to our popular DPC-5 pedalboard controller but has more effects loops and a simplified MIDI implementation.
The DPC-8EZ is fully compatible with the Disaster Area Gen2 pedal controllers, including the DMC-6D and DMC-7D. Combining a DPC-8EZ with a DMC-7D allows the player to use the DMC-7D as a powerful preset organizer and MIDI controller, while leaving the DPC-8EZ in direct access mode for quick pedal selection.
Please note that in order to pack the maximum connectivity into the DPC-8EZ, the jack spacing is very tight. We have tested several different brands and types of patch cables and have found the George L’s and Lava kits to be the best solution for cabling up a DPC-8EZ. 20 plugs are required to cable 5 effects into a DPC-5. We are authorised dealers for these cables so we can put together a package for you if needed.
- Compact size – 10″ x 2.6″ x 2″ excluding switch caps and jacks.
- No special power supply required – uses less than 120mA, 9V from a Pedal Power 2 or similar.
- 5 footswitches for preset selection or manual effects loop control.
- 48 presets accessible by foot, arranged in four folders with three banks of four presets each.
- 128 presets accessible using an external MIDI controller
- Full MIDI control of presets and effects loops
- 8 effects loops with a custom-designed switching matrix
- Dedicated insert connection between loops 4 and 5
- Always-on tuner out with tuner mute.
- New Z-MODE buffer allows you to tailor the impedance to work pefectly with fuzz, vibe, wah, and other impedance-sensitive pedals
- USB connector for future firmware upgrades (PC and Mac firmware update tools available.)
Modes of Operation:
Direct Access Mode:
DPC-8EZ Insert Connector
- Split the paths to place loops 1-4 in the preamp of your amp, 5-8 in the effects loop
- Split the paths to switch effects in two separate amplifiers or signal chains
- Place a volume pedal after your drive pedals / before your modulation and time-based effects
- Use the Stereo Link feature to have the left stereo channel use loops 1-4 and the right stereo channel use loops 5-8
Comparison to the DPC-5
The DPC-8EZ has a much more limited MIDI implementation, fewer external control options, and fewer directly accessible presets. It has more available effects loops and places the insert between loops 4 & 5 rather than before loop 1.
All New products are covered by the manufacturers new warranty. Please check their website for the length of warranty and warranty conditions.
If an item you receive is faulty get in touch with us ASAP.
Second Hand products come with a 10 day warranty from us. If there is an issue let us know ASAP!
This covers normal use and does not cover accidental damage, misuse, wrong power plugged into it, modding, water damage or any other damage caused by mistreatment.
Just treat it nice and all will be good!
Please don't email 5 weeks later and say there was an issue within the first 2 days or something like that because we won't be able to cover it.
We send A LOT of packages every week so don't worry about the shipping side of things!
We've never lost a thing and your awesome new gear will be packed up really well to avoid any damage in transit.
If your order comes in before 2pm we will ship it same day. Most of the time we pack things up all the way to 5pm so just call if you need it to leave same day after 2pm.
We ship with Australia Post and a variety of couriers depending on location.
Free Post ships with Australia Post standard and expected shipping times are between 4-6 days depending on location. It will be longer to outside of metro and rural areas.
Express Post will usually be with you next business day in metro areas of QLD, NSW, SA, VIC and TAS. WA will take 2 days to metro and extra days after that to out side metro and rural areas.
Everything we ship has a tracking number with the exception of some power cables and smaller envelope packages. You will be emailed tracking once your order has been shipped!
"LOVE IT Or Exchange It Within 14 Days"!
The item MUST BE sent back in the same condition it arrived in and have all the materials it arrived with (manual,warranty card,all accessories) and be packaged in the original box.
Items returned in undesired condition (scratched,chipped, etc) will be subject to a restocking charge of up to 30%. Modded items will not be refunded!
Postage must be paid by the purchaser to get the item returned to us and we will exchange at our discretion the amount of the products but not the postage costs.
Items must arrive here within 14 days of your order being placed.
Some items cannot be returned like Pedalboards you have already put velcro on, strings, pedalboard tape, Cables and DIY cable kits.
Please don't use the Manufacturers box as the packing box or you will automatically be charged a 30% restocking fee!
Email us BEFORE returning your items so we can resolve or sort out any problems you may have and just so we know to expect the item. You may also want to insure or register your item as we don't take responsibility for lost or damaged post.